[OS X TeX] manual

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sun Sep 21 04:41:57 CEST 2008

Folks,

On Sep 20, 2008, at 6:30 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> Sufficient to type on terminal
>
> %tlmgr --help
>
> or
>
> %texdoc tlmgr
>
> (In contrast to  static
> /Applications/TeX/Utilities/TeX Live Manager/TeX Live Manager.pdf
> --help and pdf file opened by %texdoc tlmgr are updated)

As an old Unix hand, tlmgr --help was probably enough for Victor. It
wasn't enough for me. As a Mac person, for instance, I expected the
gui to ask for authentication when it needed  root permission, so the
"sudo" in "sudo tlmgr install --all" didn't come naturally.

Luckily, there is lots of documentation and users can take their pick.

Dick