[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2008: Can't find base packages

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat Sep 13 20:56:37 CEST 2008

On 13.09.2008, at 11:53, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed MacTeX2008 and have a strange problem. I did the
>> installation without any problems and also already did several
>> updates with tlmgr-gui. Most of my stufff compiles just fine, but
>> today I tried the following minimal document which to my surprise
>> didn't compile:
>>
>> \documentclass{book}
>> \begin{document}
>> test
>> \end{document}
>>
>> According to both pdflatex and kpsewhich, basic document classes
>> like article.cls and book.cls are not here. The document compiles
>> if I change 'book' to 'scrbook' (and kpsewhich gives me the
>> following path: /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-
>> script/scrbook.cls. So most packages are actually there, but for
>> some strange reason the base packages are not present.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> Simon
>

> Howdy,
>
> Did you ever get error messages when updating with tlmgr?

I did several updates in the last days, there were errors because the
net connection wasn't always there, but I can't remember specific
errors. Anyway, the last update I did was without any errors.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Goethen getroffen. Beeindruckt.“ Unbekannt