[OS X TeX] SyncTeX and Beamer

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 16:02:22 CEST 2008

At 14:17 +0200 8/9/08, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>Out in the free world you do not have to use all that stuff they're
>advertising as progress and better and faster and slimmer ...

<philosophizing>
Well, some say that real men (of course this means men or women)
don't eat quiche; don't use autofocus cameras but focus manually; use
only plain TeX rather than LaTeX and roll their own format etc.
(Actually I was a rather late convert myself from Plain to LaTeX.)

However, I am no Mozart and get my writing right just so the first
time, I make mistakes and revise a lot. So I find the sync feature
useful, nay essential. I didn't want to give this up in Beamer so, as
I wrote, I was resigned to forgo SyncTeX and fall back on search
until Jonathan came along with his elegant solution.
</philosophizing>

Peter