[OS X TeX] SyncTeX and Beamer

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sat Sep 6 17:02:42 CEST 2008

Le 6 sept. 08 à 16:11, Victor Ivrii a écrit :

> On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Jonathan Kew
> <jonathan at jfkew.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6 Sep 2008, at 1:53 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Note that iTeXMac2 and TeXShop can use text search *in addition to*
>> the
>> synctex data, and this may enable them to do better, but the
>> results could
>> depend on the particular document (how searchable the content is,
>> what fonts
>> are used, etc).
>
> Not sure about iTeXMac2 but TeXShop has 4 options:
>
> pdfsync, search, both (i.e. pdfsync and search) and new synctex.

TeXShop uses actually a combination of SyncTeX and PDF search, even in
SyncTeX mode. In I understood correctly off-list explanations from
Dick Koch, SyncTeX returns a line in source or preview, and TeXShop
adds PDF search on top of this to find a more precise spot within this
line.

You can see the difference by comparing with TeXworks <http://www.tug.org/texworks/
 >:

- TeXworks, which is cross-platform, uses SyncTeX only and highlights
whole lines in source or preview as a result.

- TeXShop adds the Mac-only PDF search to SyncTeX and highlights bits
of text or maths in the lines of source or preview.

Bruno Voisin