[OS X TeX] XeLaTeX problems with includegraphics

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Sep 3 16:28:25 CEST 2008

Le 3 sept. 08 à 16:14, Peder Axensten a écrit :

> Bruno was right, adding -output-driver=xdv2pdf as a command line
> option solved the problem. Thanks, Bruno!
>
> Although I still don't understand why the default driver can't
> handle ordinary pdf graphics...

Yesterday I got a similar error in a document not including any
graphic, but using the Lucida fonts:

** WARNING ** Obsolete four arguments of "endchar" will be used for
Type 1 "seac" operator.
** ERROR ** Invalid SID

Output file removed.
  )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file pap6.pdf may not be valid.

The problem is, I've no idea how to inspect the mentioned transcript
file. I saw nothing in /var/tmp. You can get indications on where
xdvipdfmx is failing by running it from the command line:

xelatex -no-pdf filename.tex
xdvipdfmx -v filename.xdv

The option -vv causes xdvipdfmx to be even more verbose. Jonathan Kew
mentioned this in some occasion. I've absolutely no idea, though, of
what to make of the information returned in this way.

I think Jonathan is presently on holiday. Maybe we'll know more when
he's back.

Bruno