[OS X TeX] XeLaTeX problems with includegraphics

Peder Axensten peder at axensten.se
Tue Sep 2 16:07:10 CEST 2008

I upgraded XeTeX from version 0.996 to XeTeX 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6
(Web2C 7.5.6).

xetex 0.996 didn't render old style numbers with fonts from Adobe
FontFolio 11, so I upgraded.

The numbers work with the new version, but any \includegraphics
prevents the pdf to be created. At the end of the log-file there is
only a
"Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file test-letter.pdf may not be valid."

Any help greatly appreciated!
Do I need any options to the XeLaTeX command?
I haven't found any release notes to versions after 0.995, so I don't
know what has changed.

Regards,

Peder Axensten
Research engineer