[OS X TeX] Annoying behavior in TeXShop 2.18

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 16:22:40 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at me.com> wrote:
> Le 1 sept. 08 à 15:25, Victor Ivrii a écrit :
>
>> http://tug.org/mactex/2008/
>>
>> It will take time to propagate but it is on tug I presume (max 11
>> connections)
>
> There's been a MacTeX-2008 put together by Dick Koch for the first time on
> June 25, and tested privately since then. It has undergone a lot of
> successive iterations, some mere bug fixes and other deep architectural
> changes. It's been built alongside TeXLive-2008, and some people from the
> TeXLive team, like Karl Berry, have worked on this MacTeX-2008 too.

Yes but this one has timestamp 31.08.08 and there is an official announcement

http://tug.org/mactex/2008/

(even if not on darkwing.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html)

> Maybe the fact that Dick's not made an official announcement yet means all
> this mirror infrastructure has not been put into place completely, or the
> web page you link too is a draft not yet meant to be made public.

This is an official web page. Yesterday it was different and updated
just today. Anyway we need to say big
"THANKS" to Richard Koch and his team and to TeXLive 2008 team

> Personally
> I'd recommend to wait until the release is announced officially.

Victor