[OS X TeX] Where did StMaryRd go?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Oct 25 23:09:08 CEST 2008

The easiest way is probably to download the package from CTAN and then
install it. You can do the file placement stuff in Finder if you
prefer. Download the package and unpack it. It contains installation
instructions. Alternatively, you can copy the files from your existing
installation.

You should end up with:

/Users/<yourhome>/Library/texmf containing the following:
 	.../fonts/afm/hoekwater/stmaryrd (containing .afm files)
 	.../fonts/tfm/public/stmaryrd (containing .tfm files)
 	.../fonts/source/public/stmaryrd (containing *.mf files)
 	.../fonts/type1/hoekwater/stmaryrd (containing *.pfb files)
 	.../fonts/map/dvips/stmaryrd (containing stmaryrd.map)
 	.../tex/latex/stmaryrd (containing Ustmry.fd and stmaryrd.sty)

Then, in Terminal:
sudo updmap-sys --enable MixedMap stmaryrd.map
Note: Make sure that BasicTeX is selected as the active TeX before
running this.
Note: type your password at the prompt (nothing will appear)

Wait. updmap will produce a bunch of output and take a little while to
finish. (Probably not very long in your case, actually - I have a _lot_
of fonts.)

See
http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=Font_Installation#Installing_other_TeX-ready_fonts

Using TeX Live Manager would be easier, of course. :)

- cfr

On Sat 25th Oct, 2008 at 16:19, Alain Schremmer seems to have written: