[OS X TeX] weird rule behavior

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 22:05:55 CEST 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 25.10.2008 um 12:06 schrieb Roberto Avanzi:
>
>> The problem is that the ps generated by the driver itself must be
>> buggy.
>
> There is no such driver. At least not for PS or PDF printing (only
> for pixel printing). What might have happened is that the PPD file
> was updated – or, more likely, that your printing system has lost
> the PPD files location or setting and now sends pixels to the printer.
>
> Delete your old and default printers and install it anew based on
> the printer's PPD file!

I am not sure this is the case.

I can now print flawlessly, and I have all the options available.

I tried to reinstall the 1.1.1 update for HP printers - which
overwrote some PPD files, as inspection of the package showed.  Then,
some lines disappeared again upon printing.  Reverting to the older
versions of the printer drivers from HP and associated PPDs made the
output good again ... to me this seems a smoking gun.

... and, before trying to revert to the older PPDs, I deleted the
printer and reinstalled it again.  No success.  I am sure that there
is something wrong with the recent HP printer drivers update.  What
exactly, I do not know, but since printing is fast and good with the
drivers that came with my Leopard disks (version 1.1.0 of the HP
printer drivers), I see no reason to update them.

  Roberto