[OS X TeX] weird rule behavior

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 12:06:52 CEST 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 2:12 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I am not familiar with HP printers but the Print dialog I use with
> the Brother allows me to set all of that and then print. I'm not
> using lpr; this is all through GUI applications.

Hi

Maybe I did not explain myself well.

The standard HP driver allows all of this.  And I assume it sends
postscript to a ps (compatible) printer.  The problem is that the ps
generated by the driver itself must be buggy.  And this is a new
problem introduced with the last HP printer drivers update (version
1.1.1 in Apples Software Update app).  Reverting to the previous
version prints everything (I need to print) fine...

Before reverting back, in some cases I had to send a postscript file
manually to the printer, losing n-up, multiple, collated and double
sided printing.  And I could not do that with PDF files (for some
documents I use pdflatex, for some older ones, or to generated figures
with pstricks, I still use the dvi->ps->pdf workflow).

  best

   Roberto