[OS X TeX] Stymied by updmap-sys; what's going on?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Oct 23 11:02:21 CEST 2008

Am 23.10.2008 um 06:07 schrieb Gary Church:

> Why do I get these "fontmap entry ... exists" messages when I'm not
> even using these fonts?

Because the cause for these is recorded in the MAP file loaded by
pdfTeX. You could try:

	cat /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
pdftex.map | tr -d ' \t' | sort | uniq -d

and also

	cat ~/.texlive2008/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map | tr
-d ' \t' | sort | uniq -d

which might list, in a *very* condensed form, duplicate entries.

Since you bought the fonts causing the trouble: how is the commercial
support?

--
Greetings

   Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
				– George W. Bush