[OS X TeX] Using the new version of asymptote (v. 1.44)

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 22:14:33 CEST 2008

Greetings!

2008/10/13 Benoit RIVET <benoit.rivet at free.fr>:
>> With the following diff, it compiles with 1.44 for me; not on 1.43 though.
>> The incompatibilities between 1.43 and 1.44 hit both ways.
>
> Thanks for your help : you're right, everything compiles fine with your
> diff. I guess I should have read the manual more carefully :-)

I suppose the asymptote is not a LaTeX package like tikz that can be
installed using tlmgr.   At least it yielded a "package not found"
error for me.

I am wondering if there is any recent comparison between pstricks,
tikz and asymptote?  I need to learn one of them.  I have had a decent
but small experience with tikz, but I will need to generate soon lotsa
graphs, flow charts, and so.   I use LaTeX for just about everything
(papers, dissertation, computer presentations) and like the idea of
having the code of the graphics embedded in my LaTeX code.  Similarly
I like having the R code in my tex files using Rweave.

Any comments?  Which of these packages do you recommend?

I use OSX 10.5 + Aquamacs Emacs + R (http://www.r-project.org).

Thanks and it is great to be a (small) part of the LaTeX community,

Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education