[OS X TeX] wierd rule behavior

Santosh Ansumali ansumali at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:58:41 CEST 2008

Dear all,
    I have similar problem with latexit.  I found out that on Leopard often Sqrt
\Biggr, \frac are behaving in a strange fashion while using latexit.
Often it loses fraction line.
It is suggested  on web-site
http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dmm36/tech.php
to use
sudo rm -rf `lsof | grep com.apple.ATS/annex.aux | grep Finder | cut -c 66-139`
sudo rm -rf /private/var/folders/*/*/-Caches-/com.apple.ATS

this solved the problem for me. Whenever, I see problem with sqrt, I
am using these commands and it works.  Although, it is a bit annoying
to use this command frequently.

Best,
Santosh

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Christopher Allen
<Christopher.T.Allen.95 at alum.dartmouth.org> wrote:
> I've had the same problem. I commonly lose fraction lines and tops of square
> roots. It seems to be printer-related and inconsistent. I haven't had any
> problems on my Canon iP4300. I frequently, though far under half the time,
> have problems on a 4100 series HP Laserjet.
>
> Chris

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/

Santosh Ansumali,
Assist. Prof.
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engg.,
Nanyang Technological University
Block N1.2 Room no. B2-23
62 Nanyang Drive
Singpore 637459