[OS X TeX] mactex 2008 and hyphenation

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Fri Oct 3 07:05:58 CEST 2008

With a simple install of MacTeX, we get:

LaTeX2e <2005/12/01> Babel and hyphenation patterns for english,
usenglishmax, dumylang, nohyphenation, german-x-2008-06-18, ngerman-
x-2008-06-18, ancientgreek, ibycus, arabic, basque, bulgarian,
catalan, pinyin, coptic, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, esperanto,
estonian, farsi, finnish, french, galician, german, ngerman,
monogreek, greek, hungarian, icelandic, indonesian, interlingua,
irish, italian, latin, mongolian, mongolian2a, bokmal, nynorsk,
polish, portuguese, romanian, russian, sanskrit, serbian, slovak,
slovenian, spanish, swedish, turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian,
uppersorbian, welsh, loaded.

I would like to have  hyphenation only for english, french and
nohyphenation.

How to proceed ?

I have some ideas like change the language.dat file

and perhaps to run after that

sudo mktexlsr
sudo -H updmap-sys
sudo -H fmtutil-sys --all

but i'm not sure. I prefer to read suggestions of an expert !

Best Regards

Alain Matthes