[OS X TeX] pdfcrop and white equations?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Oct 2 17:38:32 CEST 2008

Am 02.10.2008 um 00:09 schrieb david craig:

> it seems as if there may be a problem with pdfcrop and white equations

I tried to create LaTeXiT like LaTeX files and change the text colour
to white – on white background. Both pdfTeX and XeTeX (with
xdvipdfmx) optimised the invisible text to nothing – a clever choice.
So GPL Ghostscript 8.61 reports:

	   **** Warning:  File has an empty MediaBox. Using the current page
size instead.
	   **** Warning:  File has an empty MediaBox. Using the current page
size instead.
	%%BoundingBox: 0 0 0 0
	* Page 1: 0 0 0 0
	%%HiResBoundingBox: 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

	   **** This file had errors that were repaired or ignored.
	   **** The file was produced by:
	   **** >>>> Mac OS X 10.4.11 Quartz PDFContext <<<<
	   **** Please notify the author of the software that produced this
	   **** file that it does not conform to Adobe's published PDF
	   **** specification.

When I change via the LaTeXiT colour button the text colour to white,
a form pops up explaining this behaviour of Ghostscript. It
recommends to enlarge the margin ... Adobe Reader 9 sees the change.

By using \pagecolor{cyan} I can see the formula's white text – at
10pt or less and not at the usual size. And this behaviour survives
when I change the white text colour to some grey – obviously the
width of the formula is reported as page-wide. Putting the formula
into a box with a coloured background seems to be more sane. I'll
have to investigate this a bit later ...

How did you change the text colour? Which preamble and which text did
you try to use?

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have
others.
				- Groucho Marx