[OS X TeX] How to make aquamacs find Sweave without needing to specify location

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Fri Nov 28 03:16:01 CET 2008

Hi,

I recently asked the same question on the R for Mac mailing list. I
was given two solutions, i.e. fixing this via LaTeX or via R. I used
the second.

1) add the path to Sweave.sty in the LaTeX path (which is presumably
what Maarten suggests?)

2) Put the following in your ~/.Rprofile (you might have to create
this file) to revert to the old behaviour

Sys.setenv("SWEAVE_STYLEPATH_DEFAULT" = "TRUE")

By the way, you'll find useful reasons (including why this new
behavior as of R 2.8) by typing ?RweaveLatex in the R console.