[OS X TeX] The pdf does not show up

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 27 14:06:28 CET 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 5:36 AM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Well, I have installed TeXShop 2.18, put TeXShop 2.10beta8 in the
> trash can, but the problem remains.
>
> A perfect PDF file is produces, but TeXShop does not display it.
> However, it is willing to display it when the icon of the file is
> dragged to TeXShop.
>
> I made another try with a very huge files (991pages, 75 Mb). At the
> opening, TeXShop could find and display the PDF file. I typeset the
> file, and TeXShop displayed the PDF at once. I typeset another time
> some minutes later, and TeXShop did not displayed the PDF file, and
> it did not accept to do it either, when the icon of the file was
> dragged to TeXShop's one in the Dock (TeXShop 2.18 icon, of course).
>
> Remark. I have installed a new TeXShop, but I have kept TeXLive 2007.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
>
> André

Howdy,

You might want to try generating a new preference file. Move the
TeXShop.plist file from ~/Library/Preferences/ (~ is your HOME
directory) to your Desktop and start TeXShop; that will generate a new
preferences file. If that fixes the problem there was something messed
up in your preferences and you'll have to reset the preferences the
way you want them.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)