[OS X TeX] The pdf does not show up

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Wed Nov 26 15:51:01 CET 2008

Le 25 nov. 08 à 23:36, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 25.11.2008 um 22:57 schrieb André Bellaïche:
>
>> Or is it a known bug?
>

> In your TeX file? You are not specific whether the TeX run went OK.
> And you did not try to open any (other) PDF file with TeXShop

Typesetting is always OK and produces a good PDF file which can be
opened with Acrobat. I have tried to open various PDF files with
TeXShop, as you and Hernert Schulz have suggested. Some of them, but
not all of them can be opened by dragging the icon of the file onto
the icon of TeXShop. All can be opened from TeXShop pull-down menu.

> One thing has been admitted by Dick Koch maybe two years ago: this
> or that version had a memory hole and it could happen that after a
> long period and many PDF files TeXShop reached some limit ...

Do you mean that TeXShop keeps in its memory some remainder of
everyone of the PDF files it has processed?

> A more recent version should not show this bug again.

TeXShop Updater says that the version I currently use (Version
2.10beta8 (210)) is the most recent one, I suppose for Mac OS 10.4.
If I prefer not top update my OS, can this bug be cured by installing
a new 2.10beta8 version of TeXShop?

> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete