[OS X TeX] Some minor problems in TS

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Nov 21 22:01:32 CET 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Warren Nagourney wrote:

> The root file problem I had was intermittent - even though I set the
> root file using the menu item, the behavior with some chapter files
> is correct and with others is not. Perhaps I should use the "%!TEX
> root = ../Main.tex" in all of the chapter files as mentioned in the
> help.
>
> cheers,
>
> wn

Howdy,

Setting the root file via the File menu item is temporary. The next
time you open TeXShop it will not be there and you've got to go
through the rigamarole again. It is always better to place the line

%!TEX root = <path to root file>

(or %%!TEX ... or % !TEX ... --- the one above can give a problem in
the rare case where you print the file via lp in Terminal directly to
a Postscript printer) in each included file.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)