[OS X TeX] How to make aquamacs find Sweave without needing to specify location

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 21 20:44:15 CET 2008

On 21 nov 2008, at 20:23, Christopher David Desjardins wrote:
> I install MacTex 2008 from the website and unfortunately this is
> still not working for me.  I am not sure what the problem is exactly
> but I appreciate your help Maarten.

MacTeX 2008 should have the ~/Library included; you're using the
"Default install" on this mailing list.

The other option is to copy everything in the directory inside the R
bundle (in the directory you indicated) into ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
Sweave Perhaps symlnks don't work, and you just have to copy.

mkdir -P ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/Sweave
cd ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/Sweave
cp /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/share/texmf/* .

Hope this (finally) helps.

Maarten