[OS X TeX] Some minor problems in TS

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Wed Nov 19 23:25:35 CET 2008

Le 19-nov.-08 à 22:19, Warren Nagourney a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering whether anyone can shed some light on a few of the
> minor problems I am having with TeXshop? Thanks in advance.
>
> 1. When using a root file, the "Goto Error" button doesn't work. It
> goes to the line in the root file (which is inappropriate).

In that case, entering "e" directly in the console works loads better
than clicking the "Goto Error" button, except that (strangely enough)
TeXShop goes back to the PDF after having highlighten the (right)
line of the (right) .tex file. You have then to switch back manually
to the .tex file.

> 2. The keytroke CMD-Shift-L for typesetting works erratically with
> a root file - sometimes it tries to typeset the topmost (not root)
> file and at other times it correctly typesets the root file. This
> is also the case with the typeset button on non-root files.
>
> 3. Is there any way to always automatically remove the .aux files
> after an unsuccessful typeset?  I always get another error if I
> don't remove them.

The .aux file is not so frequently broken if you enter "e" instead of
clicking "Goto Error" (don't ask me why, I don't know…)

> Thanks.
>
> Warren Nagourney

HTH,

Franck Pastor