[OS X TeX] tlmgr failure

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:49:14 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Ralph Martin
<Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:
> I tried Victor's recipies, and they did not help.

It is not the first time tlmgr goes rogue. The first prescription from
Karl Berry and the second from Norbert Preining and they used to work
before. Not this time (as I wrote). So I suggest to wait. Probably the
same prescriptions will work when the new tlmgr is released. Idea of
these prescriptions is to get a new version which is fixed without
using tlmgr itself.

Sure you can find some mirror which did not get the faulty version yet
and then use these receipts with this mirror but it is not worth
trouble.

(tlmgr revision 11305 (2008-11-16 00:23:32 +0100)
tlmgr using installation: /usr/local/texlive/2008
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2008)

goes rogue. The first recipe was from K.Berry and the second from N.