[OS X TeX] tlmgr failure

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 19 12:16:21 CET 2008

Am 19.11.2008 um 11:05 schrieb Ralph Martin:

> Use of uninitialized value in split at /usr/local/texlive/2008/
> tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 961.

When it's just a syntax error you should send a bug report to
mailto:tex-live at tug.org or mailto:texlive at tug.org.

I don't have the recent version, and won't update when I know that
it's obviously faulty (besides, I am waiting for the TeX Live 2008
DVD; but you could send me the Perl module). If you have some time to
spend, you could try to debug. With two Terminals or one Emacs you
could start with:

	perl -d `which tlmgr` <your command>

Perl will give some hints you can follow, "c" (for continue) will
make tlmgr to start. You could also send your observations to the
eMail address(es) above – and to us!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the
weak."