[OS X TeX] latex->dvips->Distiller->Acrobat Professional

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Nov 19 01:01:27 CET 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

>>> include
>>>
>>> I tried this with TeXShop: it does not work. Otherwise, synctex works ok
>>> in TeXShop on my MacBook Pro with:
>>>
>>> Engine
>>> TeX + dvips + distiller
>>> simpdftex etex --maxpfb --extratexopts --synctex=1
>>>
>>> Latex (default: simpdftex tex)
>>> simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extratexopts --synctex=1
>>>
>>> Bruno posted these setting in September.
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> What do you mean by ``it does not work''? I use the following:
>> simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-R0" --extratexopts "-synctex=1"
>> --distiller ps2pdf14

I missed the 2nd option "--extratexopts", for which the latex complained.

>> for LaTeX. Of course all of that is on one line. It all seems to work very
>> nicely.
>
> Right: it does, indeed! I'll see later on if this would do in CEmacs...

Thanks, again. TeXShop runs so greatly! But, I prefer Emacs, at least for
now.

The more elaborate version of simpdftex command does not improve anything
with CEmacs. I'm now surprised (not nicely) that after a 2nd run of
simpdftex (like after a 2nd simpdftex-1), the viewing command C-c C-v also
opens a 2nd Skim window..., as if sporadically.

Roussanka