[OS X TeX] bibtex8 engine and %!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX

Alex Hamann mailinglist at alex-hamann.de
Thu Nov 13 01:48:25 CET 2008

On 12.11.2008, at 21:18, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Alex Hamann wrote:
>> Thanks to both Pete and Herb,
>> I decided to try the latexmk approach. However, I found out that  
>> both latexmk and my new latexmk8 engines do not go into the bibtex  
>> phase and fail to create a bibliography. I am using Biblatex -  
>> could that be the case? Everything else in the preamble is pretty  
>> basic. If no problems with biblatex are know I am happy to create  
>> a minimal example.
>> Best,
>> Alex
> Howdy,
> Could you supply a minimal but complete file for me to compile on  
> my system. I've never had a problem with the biblatex package. I  
> see now that I left off a final semi-colon in the line added to the  
> xelatex8mkrc file:
> $bibtex = "bibtex8 --wolfgang %O %S";
> (see the trailing ; which must be there or perl gets confused).
> Let me know if that fixes things up. If not, please send the  
> minimal tex file and both the xelatex8mkrc and xelatex8mk.engine  
> file directly to me (see my e-mail address below ad fix it up).
> Good Luck,
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Hi Herb,

adding the semicolon and deleting the TS-program-command at the  
beginning of the preamble now led to the correct calling of the  
It did stop however, at this point:

Latexmk: applying rule 'bibtex Essay1'...
The 8-bit codepage and sorting file: 88591lat.csf
The top-level auxiliary file: Essay1.aux
The style file: biblatex.bst
Database file #1: Essay1-blx.bib
Database file #2: PoWi.bib
Biblatex version: 0.8
Warning--Invalid format of field 'month' in entry 'Gordon:2007aa'
Warning--Invalid format of field 'month' in entry 'Panofsky:2007aa'
Warning--Invalid format of field 'month' in entry 'Yew:2007aa'
(There were 3 warnings)
Latexmk: Use the -f option to force complete processing.
Latexmk: Errors, so I did not complete making targets

The warnings mentioned in the log above are actually ok as entries in  
the Date-field will override the invalid format in the month-field. I  
will see if I can look into this some more on the weekend and will  
report if there is any underlying problem that could come from  
latexmk and not just my specific files.



More information about the macostex-archives mailing list