[OS X TeX] Building Asymptote with OpenGL support

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:54:45 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2008, at 03:40 , Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr>
>> wrote:

>>> No, I said if you fix it for Leopard, it breaks on Tiger.
>>>

>> Is there any way fore configure to distinguish between Tiger and
>> Leopard?
>
> 'uname -r' yields
>  8.*.* on 10.4
> and
>  9.*.* on 10.5

Looking at related lines in configure

     darwin*) if test "${ac_cv_header_GLUT_glut_h+set}" = set; then
  { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for GLUT/glut.h" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for GLUT/glut.h... $ECHO_C" >&6; }

So one can set different compilations on Leo and on Tiger. I remember
the same errors were on Tiger originally
invalid conversion from GLvoid (*)(...)  to  GLvoid (*)()
If one wants to compile 1.51 without OpenGL: after ./configure  find
in config.h:

#define HAVE_LIBGLUT 1

and comment/remove it.

Victor