[OS X TeX] Building Asymptote with OpenGL support

Robert Love rblove_lists at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 03:39:05 CET 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.11.2008 um 07:32 schrieb Jean-Claude DE SOZA:
>
>> Freeglut looks for some libraries it doesn't find. I made a symlink
>> in /usr/local/include targeting the GL directory which is in  /usr/
>> X11/include.
>

> It's better to create environment variables like CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS
> that contain an element like -I/usr/X11/include. You could also
> simply invoke:
>
> 	env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/X11/include ./configure ...

I tried this also and still no joy in building it.   When I run
configure, it says it will build with out GL support since it can't
find glut but it does try to build it.  I get lots

Undefined symbols:
   "_glMatrixMode", referenced from:
       _trRasterPos3f in tr.o
       _trRasterPos3f in tr.o

for 2 screens.

I'll be glad when asymptote is to the simple 3 step "configure, make,
make install" state.