[OS X TeX] TeXshop - preview jumping after typeset

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:41:35 CET 2008

On Nov 7, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Warren Nagourney wrote:

> Many thanks to the three people who responded to my queries. I will
> try to respond to each in turn.
>
> Alain, thanks for your suggestions.  I do have a root file with
> \includes for each chapter, but it would make much more sense to
> have separate folders for each chapter and be able to typeset each
> individually as you suggested. I will probably change to your
> strategy.

There are three reasons for letting the EDITfiles and the PRINTfiles
reside in two folders separate from the ENTIRE BOOK folder in which
the root file sits:

1) You don't really want to see the PRINT files and indeed, when you
typeset an EDIT file, the corresponding PRINT file automagically goes
to the dock and when you close the EDIT file, it automagically leaves
the dock so that you barely get a glimpse of them.
2) All the .idx, etc files which you probably don't want to see
either are in the PRINT folder. The only files along with the EDIT
filles are the .aux files,
3)  In order to make things easier, you can use Verna's fink package
so that all PRINT files are then just copies of the template

\begin{document}
	\include{../ChaptersEDIT/\finkbase}
\end{document}

with the exact same file names as the EDIT files (which is THE reason
they have to be in a separate folder.)

Hope this helps
--schremmer