[OS X TeX] TeXshop - preview jumping after typeset

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Fri Nov 7 11:21:11 CET 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 7:35 PM, Warren Nagourney wrote:

> [...]
> My problem is the frequent, seemingly random,  jumps of the preview
> window immediately after typesetting (using pdfLatex).  It will jump
> up to several pages from the place being viewed, forcing me to move
> back.

this thread was inappropriately appropriated so I fixed it for you.

I haven't observed the behavior you see. I am also not quite sure what
the problem is. Even if source or preview jump, you can use
synchronization to go back to the place where you were working. Could
it be that you are inadvertently using synchronization (apple-click)
at some random part of your source that causes the preview to jump?
You can turn synchronization on/off in the preferences.

Themis