[OS X TeX] phantom paragraph

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 00:54:59 CET 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 1:50 AM, Ross Moore wrote:

> Hello Alain,
>
> On 06/11/2008, at 3:41 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to "phantomize" a paragraph? (\phantom only
>> phantomizes the width)
>
> Have you tried  \vphantom ?

I had not but now have. However, for some reason that I cannot figure
out, the vertical space that \vphantom occupies is not quite the same
as the vertical space that its argument occupies.

What I have is a 25 x 5 table for the students to place their
multiple choice answers in with, just above, an instruction to that
effect.

With a boolean, I can have that 25 x 5 table filled in with the
answers to create a "key" for the instructor but wanted not to have
the instructions above. But the vphantom of these instructions is a
bit shorter than the instructions themselves.

So, I just put \vspace{9.3mm} instead and that is that.

But not very elegant.

Grateful regards
--schremmer