[OS X TeX] eps figure into document

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Tue Nov 4 14:06:18 CET 2008

Le 4 nov. 08 à 10:27, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

>> Ross - changing the source to pdflatex worked in that a pdf was
>> created, but the figure doesn't appear to show up.
>
> This is expected behaviour: pdf(la)tex can not include eps files, it
> can only handle pdf files. This was the translation that David
> Derbes was referring to in his message. Regardless, your tex
> installation should just work.
>
> Franck Pastor may be onto something, although he might need to give
> a few more clues: what to remove, and what to install (again). It
> would be good to report back here again, so we can update the MacTeX
> installer to save others the trouble.
>
> Maarten

If my assumption is right, i.e. if Ghostscript is a recent version (>
8.58) that has been installed via the i-installer while the operating
system is Tiger, only Ghostscript has to be removed: one can use the
convenient "uninstall" option of the "Ghostscript 8" i-package from i-
installer.

After that, install Ghostscript 8.62 from the MacTeX package, using
the custom-install option, or from Richard Koch's website: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~koch/

HTH,

Franck Pastor