[OS X TeX] asymptote 1.49

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:11:04 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:31 PM,  <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:
> On Mon 3rd Nov, 2008 at 17:35, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD seems to have
> written:
>

>> On Nov 3, 2008, at 4:14 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>>
>>> With the help of one of the author I managed to compile asymptote 1.49
>>> on MacOSX 10.4.11 so that xasy works properly. Major feature (from
>>> 1.44, but there was a rush of bugfixes): embedded 3d models (prc). Now
>>> one can create beautiful mathematical 3d models on his/her own; no
>>> more abusing the same dice.u3d  :-)

The problem with ports is that they rely upon some libraries residing
in non-standard places and do not work on other machines. But not
"ported" software relies upon the same libraries residing in the
standard places.

>From http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/

"MacOS X We recommend installing Asymptote instead from the official
Source distribution because these off-site MacOS X distributions have
strict architecture and library dependencies that many installations
do not satisfy. Do not try to compile Asymptote from these
preconfigured distributions."

Basically, they are moonshine :-)

Victor