[OS X TeX] 2in1 package for lettersize?

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Mon Nov 3 20:43:07 CET 2008

On Nov 2, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
> What about pgfpages? I think by Till Tantau. I use this to make 4-up
> printouts of slides from Beamer. Maybe it does what you want.

Thanks for the suggestion, Adam.  I don't think pdfpages is quite what
I'm looking for, as it seems to require a two step process: (1) call
pdflatex on the document I'm working on (2) call pdflatex on a second
small document with a single \includepdf command that inserts the
output of (1) and renders it two pages per sheet.  The nice things
about 2in1 is that it creates the 2x1 output directly, enabling you to
preview your output in Skim (or whatever) as you work as usual with C-
c C-c.  My hack of 2in1 does that as well, but I just don't know how
to get those page numbers properly centered, as their location doesn't
appear to be controlled by any of the parameters in 2in1.sty.

Thanks again.

-chris