[OS X TeX] Thanks! . . . And another (newbie?) question!

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue May 27 19:59:43 CEST 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Jens Noeckel wrote:

> Hi Randy,
> looks like you're typesetting with pdflatex, which is good in
> general but makes EPS graphics unusable. Since you have AI, all you
> have to do is export the picture as PDF and include that pdf file in
> your latex document, not the EPS file.
> (You could also switch the latex engine, but I wouldn't recommend
> that unless you have a specific need).
>
> Jens

Howdy,

You can just drop the eps file onto TeXShop and it will make a
properly cropped pdf out of it. Then include the pdf in your document
and continue to use pdlatex.

You can also use the epstopdf package and then on the first run the
eps will be converted to a pdf and be automatically included. From
then on the pdf will be included.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)