[OS X TeX] Forcing the use of pdtlatex or dvips

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sun May 25 14:31:09 CEST 2008

On 25.05.2008, at 14:00, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On May 25, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Roberto Avanzi wrote:
>
>> Well, apparently it is with TWO percent signs, so if I use
>>
>> %%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
>>
>> as suggested by herbert Schulz, THEN pdflatex is always used,
>> regardless of the menu.
>>
> Howdy,
>
> Either one or two (or three, ...) will work. I've gotten into the
> habit of using %% only because if some printers get a raw file that
> starts with %! they immediately assume the file to be Postscript.
> I've never run into that problem but printing through using the lp
> command in Terminal to a Postscript printer could do that.

Ok, nobody will ever believe what I am going to write.  I tried that
with ONE percent sign yesterday and they day before, several times,
and it did not work.  It worked, today, with two, though.  I tried it
now again with just one percent sign, and it works.  Weird.  (I must
have mistyped something else yesterday. Of course I will never figure
out what.)

  Roberto