[OS X TeX] Installing Monotype Times New Roman

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat May 17 18:18:26 CEST 2008

Le 17 mai 08 à 14:35, Adam Fenn a écrit :

> I am trying to install Monotype Times New Roman fonts to use with
> TeXshop. I have followed the instructions in the
> fontinstallationguide.pdf and the tutorials at http://tug.org/mactex/fonts/fonttutorial-current.html
>  and http://tug.org/mactex/fonts/updatefonttutorial-current.html
>
> However when I try to use these fonts I get the message
>
> [1{/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
> pdftex.map}]kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag
> 1+0/600 --dpi 600 mntr8x
>
> I had these fonts working with OzTeX so I think the problem is with
> the map file rather than the fonts themselves.

The following provides more current and more compact instructions,
regarding where to place files and how to run texhash (=mktexlsr) and
updmap. Should be straightforward to adapt here.

In case, when operating updmap the old way (sudo updmap --enable
[...]), some of following files have been created, erase them first:

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_dl14.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_ndl14.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/builtin35.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/download35.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_pk.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map
~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
~/Library/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
~/Library/texmf/web2c/*.log
~/Library/texmf/web2c/*.fmt