[OS X TeX] No indentation of first paragraph in new environment

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Thu May 15 04:38:32 CEST 2008

	So in the original class file code, would that go right before the
"Acknowledgements" (line 9, starting at \newenvironment)?

-N

% ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
%
% The acknowledgements environment puts a large, bold, centered
% "Acknowledgements" label at the top of the page.

\newenvironment{acknowledgments}
{
  \newpage
  \thispagestyle{plain}
	\@mkboth{\acknowledgename}{\acknowledgename}
  \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Acknowledgments}
%  \vspace*{-.8in} % NAP comment out May 2008
  {\centerline{\bf {\LARGE Acknowledgments}}}
  \vspace*{.2in}
}
{}
On 14 May 2008, at 6:53 PM, Morten Høgholm wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2008 00:25:31 +0200, Nathan Paxton wrote:
>

>> 	I would like to have the environment act like chapters, sections, et
>> cetera, and not indent the first paragraph of content in the
>> environment. I assume this is simple, but I've never delved much into
>> writing latex macros, so I'd appreciate some help.
>
> The macro you are looking for is called \@afterheading. Just put it
> as the last thing before the text to be input.
> --
> Morten

----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel
=
=
=