[OS X TeX] installing latex2rtf for use with mactex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 9 15:27:38 CEST 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 4:35 AM, Vittorio wrote:

> I installed the very last mactex package from the site under (Intel)
> mac os x leopard 1.5.2.
>
> Now I would like to install latex2rtf for the use on my Mac but I
> don't know how to make it "MacTeX compliant". I mean that I would
> like to avoid - if possible - using both fink and macports (that are
> available on my macbook anyway).
> How can I do it?
>
> Ciao
> Vittorio

Howdy,

There is an i-Installer package of latex2rtf. It hasn't been updated
in a while but I don't know how active latex2rtf development is at
this time.

In i-Installer (should have been installed in /Applications/Utilities/
by MacTeX) [note: don't panic when you get the message that i-
Installer is usupported since it is also very stable] go to the i-
Package->Known Packages i-Directory command, double click the Latex to
RTF Converter line in the i-Packages pane and then install in the
information window that follows.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)