[OS X TeX] Beamer problems - mktexmf?

Jo Willmott jcw25 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 8 08:08:51 CEST 2008

With many thanks to Dick Koch who emailed me about this off-list - we
worked out that the problem was only occurring when I used texmaker,
not when I used texshop. And it was actually the other files in the
folder the .tex file came from causing this problem. Originally I
thought it was the .bb files (files I had needed with miktex as
bounding boxes for the .jpgs included in the file), but now think it
was the 'thumbs.db' file created by Windows to display icons in the
folder view. With that deleted my problems disappeared.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions, Axel.

Best wishes,
Jo

  --
Queens' College