[OS X TeX] Re: Inserting text based on length of its input?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:42:04 CEST 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 3:05 AM, Josep Maria Font wrote:

> El 07/05/2008, a las 03:11, Charilaos Skiadas escribió:
>
>> Are things like \ifnum documented somewhere nice?
>
> Of course, in Knuth's "The TeXbook"! And this IS nice...

Yes and no ;). I do like Knuth's book quite a lot, and it is indeed
very nice for many definitions of "nice", but I do find it somewhat
"dense" at times, shall we say. I suppose I was somewhat surprised
that a google search for ifnum did not produce any particularly
enlightening links. I was expecting it would be something people
would use more often, but I suppose, thinking about it further, that
the need for it doesn't occur that often.

But you are correct, that ifnum is explained there, and pretty well
(though using the IRS as an example might not have been the best
choice ;) ).

> JMaF

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College