[OS X TeX] Font to add to (pdf) TeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu May 1 11:21:22 CEST 2008

Le 1 mai 08 à 10:34, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 1 mai 08 à 02:34, Louis S VanSlyck a écrit :
>
>> My new problem is to get Old English Text MT to work in (pdf) TeX
>> (I use the plain TeX, mode). I've had the font working for a couple
>> years on a G4 in OS X 10.3, but I'm now running a MiniMac with OS X
>> Leopard.
>>
>> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> That said, this  way of proceeding is becoming a thing of the past.
> Nowadays, a much easier way of using PostScript or TrueType or
> OpenType fonts with TeX is provided by XeTeX at <http://scripts.sil.org/xetex
> >.
>
> [...]

Searching my OS X TeX list mailbox (44902 messages to date!) I realize
we've been in touch already, and that XeTeX has been mentioned on one
occasion during these email exchanges in November 2006. Thus all the
above advice is probably superfluous, as you already now XeTeX. Sorry!

Actually (since you're a past Textures users, from your earlier
messages), nowadays I'm mostly using Textures for writing documents,
in spite of its incomplete state, switching to TeXShop for final
versions (since hyperref doesn't work in Textures currently, and most
of my documents include hyperlinks). But the fact that no new version
of Textures has been released since 2.2.0b6 in January makes me a bit
skeptical about continuous development, again.

Bruno Voisin