[OS X TeX] LaTeX based journal

Michael Giffin mijogiffin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 21:54:21 CET 2008

Have you seen the labbook package:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/labbook/
you could customize this to your needs easily, i think.

also, this website has some nice info on latex-based lab notebooks:
http://www.jeremiahfaith.com/open_notebook_science/

i have used latex for various logs, including lab and computer admin,
(the lstlisting package is a big help here).

others are using wiki/blogs and exporting to latex.  i think
emacs-muse, dokuwiki and mediawiki handle this well.  dokuwiki also
has some nice plugins for pubmed and pubchem, if you need such things.

Mike