[OS X TeX] Potential good news for printing in Leopard 10.5.3?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 29 16:40:04 CET 2008

On Mar 29, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2008, at 8:00 AM, David Watson wrote:
>> The statement I find most promising follows:
>> Other fixes target Dashboard, iCal alarms and syncing, Installer
>> App, Spotlight indexing, PDFs within the Preview App, Mail alarms,
>> Spaces, Stacks and the Dock.
>>
>> Hopefully this means that they are working on the issues some have
>> been seeing with Preview crashing on documents from pdftex that
>> contain certain fonts. Does anyone know of a developer who might be
>> able to verify this?
>
> NDA would prevent any developer from discussing updates.  If someone
> can post a link to a PDF that crashes Preview, that might be
> helpful, though...
>
> --
> adam

Howdy,

I've put a copy of the fourier package documentation (amended for my
local system and using Adobe Utopia Expert fonts) as
CrashOnPrintDoc.pdf.zip at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>. It will
un-zip as FourierDoc.pdf. Printing from any PDFKit framework program
(e.g., Preview, TeXShop) crashes the program on the last page (7). It
sometimes comes up a crash within the printing system.

I know that there are other files but this was one I have quick access
to that I know crashes the programs.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)