[OS X TeX] multipage landscape table and endfloat

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 29 15:40:58 CET 2008

On Mar 29, 2008, at 6:31 AM, Denis Chabot wrote:

> Le 08-03-24 à  09:42:55 +1100, William Morris <wkmor1 at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>> Endfloat is a package that basically just sticks all the tables and
>> figures at the end of the document instead of in the main text.
>> Unfortunately endfloat only really recognizes standard table
>> environments, but with some tweaking it can be used with longtable
>> and
>> the rotating packages. But those two don't work together!!!.
>> I can get a rotated longtable with the lscape/pdflscape method but
>> putting a longtable or normal table inside a landscape environment
>> hides the table from endfloat.
>>
>> Hence my dilemma.
>
> Sorry for the long silence, I was a few days without reading the list.
> There must be benefits in using Endfloat which I am not aware about,
> but to solve your problem, could you not avoir Endfloat for this
> document and manually position your tables and figures at the end of
> your document? I did not know Endfloat so I used the method I just
> described to put all my figures at the end of an article. In fact I
> put all my floats alone on a page, with the \includegraphics
> commented out, to produce my list of captions, then I put back the
> counter to zero (or one, don't remember) and this time I commented
> out the captions, to produce only the figures with their figure
> number below them. Maybe this is the kind of things Endfloat took
> care of automatically for you.
>
> Denis

Howdy,

There are some journals that require a submission to have markers
within the document where figures/tables will be placed (e.g., Figure
2 about here) but want the figures/tables submitted at the end of the
document. The endfloat package allows you to make those markers while
saving the floats and adding them to the end of the document.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)