[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu Mar 27 12:54:28 CET 2008

Alain, hope for your apologies if you would prefer me sending this email
to the TeX on Mac OS X Mailing *List* instead directly to you. You know
better the list courtesy, so feel free to forward this message, partly or
entirely, to the list.

I think that that momentous psychological effect was triggered by the
accidental combination of several things, each of which is correct by
itself: warning, capitals, and the expression "this list". We know that it
refers to the list of requested features, but the email is in the setting
of the Mailing List.

Despite the two occurrences of the word "list" in the subject line, which
do point to two different usages of the word "list",  there is that
passing thought "What is happening to the List?!", esp., in the context
of the recent renewal of the List.

The right wordings are up to you (I am, after all, far lesser
native EN speaker than you), but perhaps something like

> This list is absolutely not an alternative to making requests at

The following list of (TeXShop) feature requests is absolutely not ...

OR

The following (TeXShop) feature requests are absolutely not an alternative
to making requests at

OR

We have collected, up to now, the following (TeXShop) feature requests,
which absolutely do not replace making requests at

May be the word TeXShop should be skipped; but perhaps it is good to be in
the warning for clearness, if indeed this is about TeXShop features, as I
have understood it.

Roussanka