[OS X TeX] Re: Leopard MacTeX PATH problems, still

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sun Mar 23 18:33:46 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, David Watson wrote:

> There is no need to, and you may just need them in the future.
>
> On Mar 23, 2008, at 10:39 AM, David Airey wrote:
>>  Now, should I delete the .system_default duplicate files?

I followed the discussion and what I see on my system is puzzling me, in
particular my PATH. I would appreciate some help with that. I have the
files:

/etc/profile
/etc/csh.login

I can provide their contents. But I have neither of

/etc/profile.system_default
/etc/csh.login.system_default

Are these supposed to be there? Because I do not have them, I can't use
the easy fix that Martin suggested with cp.

A special worry is my PATH:

17:38:20~$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin

The appended "/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin" seems unusual to me. I would
appreciate some help for how to fix this.

I am on MBP, OS X v.10.5.2. For the move from 10.4, I did Archive and
Install. I updated to Leopard quite late (Mar 2) and installed
TeXLive-2007-Dev. From Dick Koch' explanations, at the end of the page
<http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html>,
I got the impression that LeopardTeXFix installation is not
needed with the latest TeXLive-2007-Dev.

Roussanka