[OS X TeX] TeXShop error

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 15 17:27:16 CET 2008

On Mar 15, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I'm getting the following error in TS (Version 2.14-svn (2.14))
> when i try to run a XeTeX document under xetex, xelatex or
> xelatexmk.pl. I'm using the default Xetex template in TS, with about
> 5 paragraphs of lorem text. Any ideas?
>
> 	Thanks.
> -N
>
> /Users/nathanpaxton/Library/TeXShop/Engines/XeLaTeX.engine: line 3:
> syntax error near unexpected token `('
> /Users/nathanpaxton/Library/TeXShop/Engines/XeLaTeX.engine: line 3:
> `set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)'

Howdy,

Try commenting out that line (i.e., put a # at the start of the line).
It doesn't seem happy with the line that sets the path variable but
that may already be set before entering the script. If that doesn't
help try ALSO setting the first line to

#!/bin/bash

from

#!/bin/tcsh

so that bash is used rather than tcsh. Sigh...

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)