[OS X TeX] Feature Request Math Bracket

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 17:44:08 CET 2008

Le 14 mars 08 à 17:31, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> I tend to use \(...\) most of the time (there are times when that
> will give rise to errors---e.g., maths in section headers) and have
> assigned that to Cmd-9.

This is because the commands \( and \) are fragile: you need to
precede them by \protect inside \section, and probably also \caption,
and the like.

That's why I'm not using them myself (I'm sticking to $$). Another
possible reason is prolonged use of plain TeX before learning LaTeX.

That said, I'm surprised: I thought most current LaTeX 2e commands had
gradually been made solid by the LaTeX 3 team.

Bruno Voisin