[OS X TeX] a suggestion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 3 04:30:50 CET 2008

On Mar 2, 2008, at 7:55 PM, ludwik kowalski wrote:

> 1) I pressed the "typeset" button at least ten times and still see
> no index list in my pdf file. How many time did you compile the
> input file to get the index?
>
> 2) I assume that "when the pdflatex compiles" means "when the
> typeset button is pressed (in the toolbar of the input file)." Is
> this correct?

Howdy,

1)Press the Typeset Button (are you talking about the one on the
source file tool bar?) making sure that `latex' is chosen as the
process (or type Shift-Cmd-L).

2)Run Makeindex (Shift-Cmd-I) to produce the .ind file from the .idx
file.

3)Run pdflatex (Shift-Cmd-L) again twice.

OR

do what I told you to do about enabling the pdflatexmk engine and
using that.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)