[OS X TeX] Numbering pages on PDF-documents

Manuel libros at limay.de
Sun Mar 2 14:17:26 CET 2008

Thank you very much, Chris. I wish you a good term!

The headers style works too. I have found a page on MIT:

http://web.mit.edu/answers/latex/formatting/latex_margins.html

suggesting the use of

\usepackage{fullpage}

\addtolength{\oddsidemargin}{-.875in}
\addtolength{\evensidemargin}{-.875in}
\addtolength{\textwidth}{1.75in}
\addtolength{\topmargin}{-.875in}
\addtolength{\textheight}{1.75in}

which puts the page numbers very close to the paper's corners.
Changing the values seems to be oddly complicated and I still don't
get it. There is also a "hack" , quote:

"involves copying a LaTeX style file to your directory.
Assuming that your files are in the directory ~/latex, type:

	attach sipb
	cp /mit/sipb/share/tex/macros/simplemargins.sty ~/latex"

with the warning:

"NOTE: This is a hack!  It will only work at MIT"

(I wonder what the Cal Tech guys think of it)

Perhaps I will eventually find a way to twist the values adequately,
or I'll look again at fancyhdr.

Manuel